How to use our ice and heat packs
To use our breast and perineal ice packs for cold therapy, we recommend the following:
~ Use between feeds, to help relieve pain and inflammation due to engorgement and mastitis.
~ Place ice packs in freezer until cold.
~ We recommend using a tissue or toilet paper as a protective barrier between your skin and ice packs.
~ Leave ice packs on for 20 minutes, before storing back in freezer.
~ Perineal packs can be folded in half before freezing, to cool a wider perineal area.
~ You can use our ice packs repeatedly every hour (20 minutes on 40 minutes off).
To use our breast and perineal heat packs for hot therapy, we recommend the following:
~ Use on breasts before feeding and expressing to encourage milk flow, to relieve the symptoms of breast engorgement, and help to relieve plugged ducts and reduce symptoms of mastitis.
~ Do not overheat in microwave. Microwaves have differing wattage.
~ Heat in microwave for 10 seconds, and if still not warm enough, heat for no more than an additional 5 seconds at a time, until warm. Do not heat for more than 25 seconds in total.
~ Place on breast around nipple. We recommend using a tissue as a barrier between your skin and heat packs.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Always ensure to check the temperature of the product prior to applying to the skin.
- Never use on naked skin – always use a cover or barrier between you and the product.
- Before use, ensure the product has not been damaged in any way and discard if leaking, damaged or has burst.
- Immediately remove if your skin has reddened with application or is uncomfortable.
- Overheating or prolonged application of our product may cause damage, thus ensure to stick to the recommended instructions of use.
- Heating the product beyond the recommended time may destroy or damage the gel beads.
- All of our products are for external use only.
- Do not fall asleep while using our products as over heating or icing may cause damage.
- Always wash your products in warm, soapy water after each use to ensure optimal hygiene.
- Please store breast and perineal ice and heat packs in a safe place away from children and animals.
- Not for human consumption.