How To Use Our Ice and Heat Packs
To use our breast and perineal ice packs for COLD THERAPY, we recommend the following:
~ Use between feeds, or post a breastfeed, to help relieve pain and inflammation due to engorgement, blocked ducts and mastitis.
~ Place ice packs in freezer until cold or frozen. Ensure they are stored flat and the gel beads are even.
~ We recommend using the provided breast covers, tissue, a maternity pad or toilet paper as a protective barrier between your skin and ice packs.
~ Leave ice packs on for 20 minutes before washing thoroughly in warm, soapy water and storing back in the freezer in a plastic container.
~ Perineal packs can be folded in half before freezing, to cool a wider perineal area.
~ You can use our ice packs repeatedly every hour if needed (20 minutes on/40 minutes off).
To use our breast and perineal heat packs for HEAT THERAPY, we recommend the following:
~ Use on breasts before feeding and expressing to encourage milk flow, to relieve the symptoms of breast engorgement, and help to relieve blocked ducts and reduce symptoms of mastitis.
~ Do not overheat in microwave. Microwaves have differing wattages:
700 watt = 16 seconds
1000 watt = 13 seconds
1250 watt = 11 seconds
*If still not warm enough, heat for no more than an additional 5 seconds at a time, until warm. Do not heat for more than 25 seconds in total.
*Do not use a conventional oven.
HOT WATER METHOD:
Submerge a room temperature pack in hot water (around 80C) for approximately 3-5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
~ Place on breast around nipple. We recommend using the provided protective covers as a barrier between your skin and heat packs.
~ Wash thoroughly in warm, soapy water post use and store in a plastic container in between uses to ensure quality and integrity.
~ Wash breast covers in a gentle machine wash when required.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Always ensure to check the temperature of the product prior to applying to the skin.
- Never use on naked skin – always use a cover or barrier between you and the product.
- Before use, ensure the product has not been damaged in any way and discard if leaking, damaged or has burst in the household waste.
- Immediately remove if your skin has reddened with application or is uncomfortable.
- Overheating or prolonged application of our product may cause damage, thus ensure to stick to the recommended instructions of use.
- Heating the product beyond the recommended time may destroy or damage the gel beads.
- Ensure safety is adhered to when using the hot water method.
- All of our products are for external use only.
- Do not fall asleep while using our products as over heating or icing may cause damage.
- Always wash your products in warm, soapy water after each use to ensure optimal hygiene.
- Please store breast and perineal ice and heat packs in a safe place away from children and animals.
- Not for human consumption.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- We recommend storing in a plastic container in-between uses to ensure integrity and quality.